|Schär wholesome white loaf||110g|
|Gluten free flour||110g|
|Everyday Favourites dried mixed fruit||350g|
|Ready to eat dried figs, dates or apricots||150g|
|Everyday Favourites ground almonds||50g|
|Vegetable suet (ensure gluten free)||75g|
|Everyday Favourites free range medium eggs||2|
|Brandy (or orange juice)||4 tbsps|
|Gluten free baking powder||1 1/2 tsps|
|Diced cooking apple||150g|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
A delicious festive favourite, this rich, dark pudding is decadent and warming — perfect for the winter menu! Decades of making meal times more enjoyable — that is why Schär are Europe’s No.1 in gluten free.*
- Place and process bread in a food processor to make breadcrumbs, and combine with all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl using a wooden spoon.
- Spoon into 2 x 900ml / 1 1/2 pt. pyrex bowls or 8 individual bowls and cover with a double layer of greaseproof paper.
- Wrap the whole basin in foil with the joined edges at the top, to use as a handle.
- Steam the pudding for 6 hours (or 2 hours for individual size), topping up with boiling water as required.
- When cooked, cool and cover with fresh greaseproof paper and wrap in foil again.
- Serve with brandy sauce or brandy butter.
*Euromonitor data 2017