|Mornflake medium oatmeal||400g|
|Pure olive oil||80ml|
|Fresh onions (diced 3mm)||180g|
|Fresh chestnut mushrooms (cut into large slices and roasted)||600g|
|Everyday Favourites large fresh eggs||10|
|Everyday Favourites cracked black peppercorn||1.5g|
- If using porridge oats, blend oats down until they resemble a course crumb.
- In a large pan, heat the oil and sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the oatmeal and slowly cook for 10-15 minutes. Add a little water if required, in order to keep the texture.
- Chop most of the thyme, leaving some sprigs to garnish, and add to the pan.
- Stir through the roasted mushrooms and season if required.
- To serve: Poach the eggs and serve the oatmeal skirlie in chosen container, top with the poached egg and black pepper.
- Finish with thyme sprigs.