|King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes, thinly sliced||8|
|Rodda's clotted cream||3 tbsp|
|Pinch of salt & pepper|
|Grated Gruyère cheese||100g|
|a handful of herbs - we used thyme|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes to approximately 3mm thick.
- Into a large pan add the whole milk, double cream and Rodda’s clotted cream with the seasoning.
- Gently warm over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to incorporate the milk and cream.
- Whilst the cream and milk is warming peel the garlic, and rub around the inside of your chosen dish. We used a traditional enamel 26cm pie dish.
- Add the potatoes to the warmed milk and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Tip the potato and cream mixture into the dish, spreading out the potatoes, and sprinkle grated cheese on top, then add your herb of choice.
- Bake at 190°C/gas mark 5 for 40-50 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Serve on its own as a main dish, with a simple salad, or as a side dish for meat and fish.