|Ingredients for the roast lamb:|
|Farmstead leg of lamb - boneless||2kg|
|Sprigs of rosemary||5|
|Ground black pepper||5g|
|Everyday Favourites salted butter||20g|
|Everyday Favourites clear blossom honey glass||20g|
|Everyday Favourites English mustard||50g|
|For the Bisto gravy:|
|Bisto Favourites Gravy Granules||75g|
|Sprig of rosemary||1|
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Score the lamb and place the sprigs of rosemary in each score.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 1 hour 20 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Mix together the butter and honey and mustard, then brush over the lamb and place back in the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove the lamb from the roasting tray and place to the side to rest. Ensure you retain the meat juices.
- For the gravy, skim the fat from the surface of the juices and discard. Place the roasting tray on the stove on a high heat, add the boiling water, then whisk in the Bisto Favourites Gravy Granules. Add the rosemary and redcurrant jelly and allow to infuse, then pass the gravy through a sieve.
- Carve the lamb into portions and serve with the rosemary & redcurrant gravy and serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables.
Hints and tips:
Allow a 30 minute cooking time per 500g (plus 30 minutes at the end) of boned and rolled lamb for medium. You can also try stuffing the lamb with Paxo Sage and Onion Stuffing.
Milk, wheat, mustard, barley, soya