|Farmstead rib eye of beef||1|
|Everyday Favourites salted butter||100g|
|Black truffle oil||50ml|
|Maldon sea salt||6g|
|Everyday Favourites cracked black peppercorn||5g|
|Pure olive oil||30ml|
|White onion wedges||200g|
- Remove the rib of beef from the fridge 1 hour before roasting and then place on a roasting tray.
- Soften the butter and mix with truffle oil, salt & black pepper and set to one side.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the meat and then place the wedges of onion on the tray and then into the oven for 35-40 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180ºC and add the potatoes, continue to cook for another 35-40 minutes.
- Top with the truffle butter and thyme sprigs and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes basting every 5-10 minutes.
- Once the beef is cooked to your liking remove from the tray and leave to rest for 20 minutes in a warm place, reserving the onions and juices for serving.
- Place the potatoes onto an oven tray and crush gently – Place into a hot oven to crisp up.
- Once the beef has rested slice and serve with the potatoes and the onion truffle juices.