|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|Carrots, finely diced||150g|
|Vegetarian Worcestershire sauce||30g|
|Dried thyme||1 tsp|
|Cornflour mixed to a paste with 2 tbsps cold water||25g|
|Potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed||1.5kg|
|Beetroot, cooked, peeled then mashed||500g|
|Sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed||1kg|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onions and carrots for 3 – 4 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add the Quorn mince, peas, vegetable stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree and thyme.
- Stir in the cornflour paste, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Check seasoning.
- Meanwhile combine 500g of the mashed potato with the beetroot mash, 1 tbsp milk and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp of milk to the mashed potato and remaining 1 tbsp of milk to the mashed sweet potato. Mix well.
- When cooked, tip the Quorn mince mixture into a large oven proof serving dish.
- To make the rainbow topping pipe or spoon alternate lines, on the diagonal, of beetroot mash, sweet potato mash and mashed potato.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
Tip: As an alternative try using mashed parsnip. Find out more about Quorn mince