|Small sweet potatoes peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks||3|
|Broccoli florets||1 ½ lb|
|Large red onion cut into ½ inch chunks||1|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 tbsps|
|Everyday Favourites chilli powder||2 tsps|
|Smoked paprika||1 tsp|
|Kosher salt||1 ½ tsp|
|Zest and juice||of 2 limes|
|Everyday Favourites pure Canadian maple syrup or Everyday Favourites clear blossom honey||2 tsps|
|Clove garlic crushed||1|
|Black beans rinsed and drained||1 can|
|Pomodoro tomatoes cored and diced||50g|
|Freshly chopped cilantro||75g|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes, broccoli florets and red onion on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then sprinkle with the chili powder, smoked paprika, and salt. Toss to coat and spread into a single layer.
- Bake until the potatoes are just tender, about 25 min, turning halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the potatoes bake, cook the quinoa.
- For 1 cup quinoa, use 2 parts water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes then remove. Let the quinoa stand for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, lime juice and zest, maple syrup, and garlic (or shake the ingredients together in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, cilantro, tomatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli and onions.
- Pour the dressing over the top, then toss to combine.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.