|Cirio chopped tomatoes
|Everyday Favourites cornflour
|Everyday Favourites unsalted butter
|Farmstead minced beef
|Farmstead pork sausage 8s
|Stalk of celery
|Clove of garlic
|Sprigs of rosemary
|Extra virgin olive oil
|60ml more or less
|Glass of red wine
|Everyday Favourites cooking salt
- Sauté coarsely chopped onion, celery, carrot, garlic and rosemary before adding the minced meat and crumbled sausage.
- Fry over high heat for about 10-15 minutes and then lower before adding the glass of wine and finally, the Cirio chopped tomatoes.
- Taste and season with salt and, if required, add more water to achieve a sauce with a rich consistency. Then let it cook on low heat for about 40 minutes, stirring and turning occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Meantime, get a pan of salted water boiling, then add the flour. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the polenta sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the polenta is cooked, add a clove of garlic and a knob of butter, stir for 3 minutes, then remove the garlic.
- Pour the polenta into individual bowls and sprinkle each portion with 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.