|Everyday Favourites unsalted butter||10g|
|Large leek, trimmed and thinly sliced||1|
|Chicken or vegetable stock||750ml|
|Everyday Favourites choice peas||600g|
|Sugar||a pinch of|
|Salt & freshly ground black pepper||to season|
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the leek, cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add 3 tbsp. water and cook gently for 10 more minutes.
- Pour the stock over the leeks, stir, and then cover and continue to cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Put aside a few peas for garnish, then tip the rest into the pan. Add the sugar and heat for 5 minutes, without boiling; allow cooling slightly, and then tipping into a blender or food processor and purée until smooth. Season to taste. Return to the pan and reheat gently.
- Garnish each serving with a swirl of cream and a few of the reserved peas.
- Serving suggestion, add ham.