|Flat rice noodles||500g (soaked weight)|
|King prawns (peeled)||200g|
|Everyday Favourites crushed chilli flakes||1g|
- Soak the rice noodle sticks in cold water for approximately half an hour until pliable but al dente and then drain.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the fish sauce, tamarind and chilli in a small pan. Heat gently to combine and then set aside.
- Lay out all the ingredients within easy reach of the hob in the order they’ll be used. Put a frying pan on a high heat and add half the oil. Add the garlic, stir fry for a few seconds, and then add the noodles and a splash of water. Stir fry until the noodles dry out and then add the sauce. Fry until they are almost soft enough to eat (they should be slightly chewy).
- Push the noodles to the side of the frying pan and add the rest of the oil. Fry the tofu and prawns until the tofu begins to colour, then push them to the side and add the eggs. Pierce the yolks and when the eggs start to set to the bottom scramble them quickly.
- Stir through the beansprouts and peanuts. Stir fry until they are well combined, then serve with a sprinkling of crispy onions and a slice of lime to finish.
- Serve in black food pot 19oz.