|Full fat milk||200ml|
|La Española extra virgin olive oil||125ml|
|Finely grated zest||2 small oranges|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk for 5 minutes, until the mixture turns pale and thick.
- Place the milk in a medium pan and bring to simmering point.
- With the electric whisk still running, pour the milk into the egg mixture and beat until combined.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring continuously until the mixture coats the back of the spoon.
- Leave to cool, then stir in the cream, olive oil, orange juice and zest.
- Pour into a bowl, cover with cling film and chill for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Churn the ice cream in an ice cream machine or alternatively pour into a shallow container and freeze until almost frozen. Scrape into a food processor and blend until smooth, then return to the freezer and freeze again. Repeat the process 2 more times or until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve scoops of the ice cream in bowls with wafers.