- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions and peppers and cook these on a medium heat until just softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the butter beans, cumin and the cayenne pepper. Stir in the tomato puree and cook for a couple more minutes until the paste starts to separate. Add the tomatoes with a splash of water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered until it is reduced a little. Taste after 5 minutes and add a little sugar if you think the tomatoes need it. Keep an eye on the texture – you don’t want it runny but you also don’t want it too dry either. So, add another splash of water if needed.
- When the sauce is reduced, stir in the herbs. Place the sauce into 10 serving pots and then break an eff into the top of each one.
- Cook for a few more minutes until the egg whites are just set, and the yolks are still runny. Sprinkle with cheese and place back into the oven to melt the cheese before serving up.
Find more recipes and inspiration on our UK international food trends in 2024
page or view all of our food and drink trends 2024