|Farmstead chicken thigh bone in skin on||20|
|Everyday Favourites extended life vegetable oil||40ml|
|Peeled and sliced shallots||400g|
|Peeled and crushed garlic cloves||4|
|Peeled and grated ginger||30g|
|Cumin seeds||2 tsp|
|Coriander seeds||2 tsp|
|Everyday Favourites cinnamon sticks||4|
|Everyday Favourites ground ginger||2 tsp|
|Pinch Everyday Favourites crushed chillies||1|
|Peeled and diced butternut squash||800g|
|Chef’s Pass chicken bouillon (liquid)||1ltr|
|Everyday Favourites clear blossom honey||2 tbsp|
|Everyday Favourites ground coriander||40g|
|Everyday Favourites couscous||1kg|
- Ensure the chicken is dry and season it. Batch fry in a large heavy bottomed saucepan/casserole until golden and set aside.
- Turn the pan to a medium heat and add the shallots and cook until golden, then add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute or two then add the spices and cook for a further minute.
- Add the squash to the pan and stir through. Place the chicken on top of the squash and shallots and pour over the stock and honey.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and transfer to the oven (at approx. 180C), covered for 20 minutes and then uncovered for a further half and hour.
- Add couscous to a bowl and pour in 1.34ltr of boiling water, mix then cover with cling film and leave for 5 minutes. Uncover and stir then recover and leave for a further 5 minutes.
- Scatter over the coriander and serve with couscous.
For your FREE sample of Chef’s Pass bouillon click here.