|Everyday Favourites unsalted butter||40g|
|Everyday Favourites plain flour||40g|
|Mustard powder||½ tsp|
|Whole milk||568ml (1 pint)|
|Pilgrims Choice extra mature cheddar cheese, grated||150g|
|Macaroni, cooked and drained||275g|
|Branston original pickle||5 tbsp|
|For the topping|
|Pilgrims Choice extra mature cheddar cheese, grated||25g|
- Melt the butter in pan over a low heat.
- Add flour and mustard and beat quickly with a wooden spoon to form a paste.
- Gradually pour in milk and beat gently to prevent lumps from forming. Bring to a simmer and gently cook for 2-3 minutes continually stirring.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in cheese.
- Preheat oven to fan 170°C, conventional 190°C, gas 5.
- Spoon macaroni into the sauce, give it a good stir and then pour into a 1 litre ovenproof dish.
- Spoon good dollops of pickle over macaroni, then toss breadcrumbs and cheese together and sprinkle over the pickle.
- Cook for 20 minutes until golden and crispy.