|Everyday Favourites extended life vegetable oil||40ml|
|Fresh onions (diced 15mm)||200g|
|Fresh celery (diced 15mm)||100g|
|Everyday Favourites garlic purée||20g|
|Everyday Favourites easy cook long grain rice||450g|
|Everyday Favourites Cajun spice||20g|
|Fresh red chilli (diced 3mm)||40g|
|Everyday Favourites chopped tomatoes||500g|
|Essential Cuisine chicken stock mix||1 litre|
|Maldon sea salt||6g|
|Everyday Favourites oregano||5g|
|Everyday Favourites salted butter||40g|
|Corn-battered Cajun prawns||50|
|Lion Louisiana BBQ sauce||300ml|
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Chop the onions and celery and fry with the garlic purée until golden and slightly translucent.
- Add the chorizo and sauté until the oil is released. Add the rice and coat it with the released chorizo oil.
- Add the Cajun spice, tomato purée, red chillies and cook for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and top-up with the stock, cook until nearly all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Stir through the salt, oregano and butter. Cover and leave until required.
- Fry the prawns until cooked, five per portion, and keep warm.
- Serve the Jambalaya, top with the prawns and a drizzle of the Louisiana BBQ sauce.