|Red onion, thinly sliced
|Garlic cloves, sliced
|Green chillies, chopped
|Everyday Favourites salt
|Everyday Favourites chopped tomatoes tin
|Greenyard frozen garden peas
|Coriander leaves, chopped
|Rice and roti
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Place the coconut oil into a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Once melted, add the onions and curry leaves and fry for 4-5 minutes until translucent but not browned. Remove the curry leaves, and add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and fry for a further 2-3 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the spices and 50g cashew nuts and toast for 2 minutes. Add the tinned tomatoes, fill the tin with water and add to the saucepan. Remove from the heat and blend until smooth using a stick blender, or alternatively place into a liquidizer or blender.
- Return the mixture to the heat and add the garden peas and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the remaining 50g cashews in a heavy bottomed frying pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the toasted cashews to the curry along with the lime juice and coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice and roti.