|Everyday Favourites chinese pine kernels||200g|
|Chopped garlic in oil||10g|
|Maldon sea salt||3g|
|Extra virgin olive oil tin||100ml|
|Vegan grated Parmesan||60g|
|Fine green beans - blanched||200g|
|Baby Spinach - sliced fine||100g|
|Everyday Favourites fancy peas||150g|
|Avocado IQF slices||250g|
|Sapori D’Italia Sicilian semi-dried tomatoes||150g|
Salads needn’t be boring. Try this giant couscous salad with a vegan Parmesan pesto for a great addition to a salad bar or food-to-go-pots.
To make the pesto dressing
- First make the pesto by toasting the pine kernels in a hot pan.
- Place the pine kernels into a food blender and add the garlic, salt and half the fresh basil. Blend until smooth then add the remainder of the basil and olive oil.
- Continue to blend until smooth and mixed then fold in the Parmesan. Place into a bowl until required.
To make the salad
- Cook the giant couscous as per the instructions on the pack.
- Tumble all the other salad ingredients including 150g of the pesto.