- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tin.
- In a bowl, beat 150g of butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Then, add the eggs and continue to beat. Gradually add the flour and whisk until light and fluffy before adding the vanilla and milk. Whisk again for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a lined tin and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked in the middle. Allow to cool.
- Whilst the cake is baking, place the jam in a bowl and mix until it is easily spreadable.
- Place the remaining butter in a bowl with 200g of icing sugar and beat together to make butter cream.
- Place the remaining icing sugar in another bowl with the lemon juice and red food colouring and mix together until you reach the correct consistency to coat the sponge. You may need to add a little water.
- Once the sponge is cooled, cut into squares then slice the sponge in half. Spread over the jam and butter cream, then sandwich together on a wire rack.
- Drizzle over the icing sugar until it is fully coated.
Looking for a wholesale cake and dessert supplier
? Click the link to find out how we can help you.