|Flourless chocolate cake
|Callebaut – finest Belgian dark chocolate – recipe Nº 811
|Everyday Favourites free range medium eggs
|Everyday Favourites unsalted butter
|Everyday Favourites cinnamon sticks
|Everyday Favourites vanilla pods
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Whisk the eggs and butter until very light and aerated.
- Melt the butter and chocolates together until smooth.
- Take the eggs and sugar and fold in the chocolate/butter.
- Pour the mixture into a round tin.
- Peel the pears and cut into quarters. Remove the core and cut into even sized pieces.
- In a separate pan, boil the water with the cinnamon, vanilla and sliced lemon.
- Turn down the heat, put in the pears and cover.
- Cook until they start to soften.
- Take off the heat, drain on paper to remove excess syrup.
- Leave to cool before arranging on top of the flourless chocolate cake mixture.
- Bake at 150ºC for approx. 25 minutes. When cooked, the edges will bubble up around the cake ring and the cake should have a firm wobble.