|Medium white potatoes
|Flora Plant B+tter Salted
|Medium white onion, diced
|Everyday Favourites salt
|Cloves of garlic, minced
|Fresh thyme, chopped
|Fresh rosemary, chopped
|Everyday Favourites plain flour
|Flora Plant Cream Double
|Everyday Favourites ground nutmeg
|Everyday Favourites black pepper
|Violife Prosociano, grated
|Violife Mozzarella Flavour, grated
|Chives for topping
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Slice the potatoes into thin rounds using a knife or mandolin. Submerge in a bowl of water and set aside.
- Butter the sides of a baking dish and preheat the oven to 200°.
- Put a large pan over medium heat and add the plant butter. Once melted, add the diced onion and seasoning. Fry until the onion turns lightly golden.
- Add the minced garlic and herbs and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the flour, stirring consistently until the mixture looks like a thick paste.
- Pour in the oat milk and Flora Plant cream, whisking continuously until fully incorporated, then add the hot stock.
- Add the nutritional yeast and stir in until blended, then add the nutmeg and black pepper, followed by the grated Prosociano.
- Bring to a simmer until the Prosociano is fully melted and the sauce is noticeably thicker.
- Take off the heat and add extra seasoning if desired, note that it will taste salty due to the stock.
- Drain the potato slices from the bowl of water and dry, then layer in your prepared baking dish.
- Top with the warmed cream sauce and spread evenly over the potatoes. Sprinkle a good helping of Violife Mozzarella Flavour Grated cheese. Then layer the rest of the potatoes and repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until the potatoes feel soft when spiked with a skewer.
- Allow the gratin to cool and settle before serving with a topping of crispy onions or fresh chives.