|For the pickled watermelon|
|Casa de Mare white wine vinegar||100ml|
|Everyday Favourites whole black peppercorn||1g|
|Tate & Lyle caster sugar||80g|
|World of Spice white mustard seeds||3g|
|Fresh bay leaves (chilled)||1g|
|Watermelon (chilled)||Half a watermelon|
|For the salad|
|Kalos feta cheese (chilled)||1kg|
|Olives Et Al. Kilamata pitted olives||120g|
|Basil (green, chilled)||15g|
|Fancy leaf little gem lettuce (chilled)||1 lettuce|
|Fancy Leaf wild roquette baby leaf rocket salad (chilled)||200g|
|Parsley (flat, chilled)||30g|
|For the dressing|
|Everyday Favourites sesame seeds||25g|
|La Española pure olive oil||180ml|
|Lime (loose)||2 limes|
|Red chillies (chilled)||10g|
|Hilltop Blossom honey||60g|
|Everyday Favourites whole black peppercorn||0.5g|
|Casa de Mare sea salt||3g|
To prepare the pickled watermelon:
- Dice the watermelon into 1cm squares to prepare
- Place all of the other ingredients into a pan and add 200ml of water. Bring this to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the watermelon and remove from the heat. Allow it to cool and steep overnight.
- Toast the sesame seeds until golden and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, add the olive oil and then the zest and juice from 2 limes. Dice the red chilli, and add this along with the honey, black pepper and sea salt together. Whisk the ingredients and then set the dressing aside until required.
- Wash and remove the leaves from the baby gem lettuce.
- Wash and chop the herbs, and slice the cucumber and either slice or quarter the radish.
- Place the salad leaves into a bowl and add the chopped herbs, and sliced cucumber.
- Crumble the feta over the top and add the picked watermelon.
- Drizzle over the dressing and toss the salad.