|Everyday Favourites fennel seeds||15g|
|Chef William whole green cardamom||8|
|Everyday Favourites plain flour||350g|
|Everyday Favourites unsalted butter||250g|
|Tate & Lyle caster sugar drum||130g|
These delectable shortbreads are aromatic in flavour but still have that buttery taste you’d expect from a great shortbread. This twist on a classic is ideal to serve with a chai or coffee.
- Toast the fennel seeds until the fennel aroma starts to release. Crush with the cardamom seeds and set to one side to cool.
- Put the flour into a mixer and add the butter, mix until it resembles breadcrumbs then add the spice mix and sugar.
- Turn out onto the work surface and knead together then chill for one hour.
- Once chilled place onto a sheet of greaseproof then place another on the top.
- Roll out the dough until it’s around 2cm thick.
- Transfer to an oven tray and remove the top layer of paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until it is golden in colour.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with more caster sugar and cut into rounds.