|Farmstead farm quality chicken fillet - skinless 180-200g||1kg|
|Salty soy sauce||50ml|
|Olive oil (traditional)||150ml|
|Everyday Favourites garlic powder||10g|
|Everyday Favourites ground ginger||30g|
|Everyday Favourites ground cumin||5g|
|Salt & pepper||to taste|
- Press the lime and dice the chicken fillets. Place these in a bowl and stir in half of the lime juice and 20 ml salty soy sauce.
- Marinate for one hour, and thread the diced chicken onto a satay skewer.
- Heat 50 ml olive oil in a skillet and sauté the onion, add the garlic and briefly leave to simmer.
- Then add the peanut butter, ginger, cumin and milk and keep stirring until a thick sauce is formed. Bring to taste with the rest of the lime juice and the salty soy sauce, pepper and salt to taste. Keep the sauce warm.
- Heat a grill pan and grease the chicken skewers with the remaining olive oil and grill these for 5-7 minutes until brown on all sides. Sprinkle with pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve the satay skewers with peanut sauce and offer the sambal separately. Accompany with prawn crackers and a cucumber salad.