|Strong bread flour||450g|
|Mustard powder||1 tsp|
|Fast-action dried yeast||7g|
|Everyday Favourites Mature Cheddar, grated||175g|
|Everyday Favourites salted butter, melted||20g|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, mustard, salt, yeast and 125g of Everyday Favourites Cheddar.
- Form a soft dough by gradually adding the water and mixing.
- Pre-dust a work surface with flour, tip out the dough from the bowl and knead for around 10 minutes. The dough should be soft and stretchy.
- Return the dough to the bowl and cover with a clean cloth. Allow to prove in a warm spot. The dough should double in size.
- Once proven, tip the dough onto a floured surface and knock out some of the air.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces and shape into rounds, place these on a greased baking tray or parchment.
- Prove a second time for up to an hour. They should double in size again.
- With a knife, make a cross on top of each bun and then brush with melted butter.
- Combine the remaining cheese with the remaining butter, use this to fill in the crosses on the buns.
- Place into a preheated oven at 200ºC/180ºC fan and bake for around 25 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a rack then serve warm with butter.