|Cooked shredded chicken (breast meat and thigh meat for flavour)||300g|
|Cooked white rice||200g|
|Black beans, drained and rinsed||200g|
|Grated Everyday Favourites Cheddar Cheese||150g|
|Grated Everyday Favourites Mozzarella Cheese||50g|
|Salt and pepper for seasoning|
|Large flour tortillas||6|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Preheat your oven to 190°C (fan 180°C).
- Grease a baking dish large enough to hold all of the burritos.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, cooked rice, black beans, 100g Cheddar cheese, 25g mozzarella, salsa, chilli powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Warm the flour tortillas in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds to make them more pliable.
- Spoon the filling onto the centre of each tortilla, dividing the mix into six portions.
- Fold in the sides of each tortilla and then roll it up tightly to form a burrito.
- Place the rolled burritos in the greased baking dish, seam-side down.
- Sprinkle the remaining Everyday Favourites Grated Cheese on top of the burritos for a lovely cheesy finish. We like a coloured Cheddar and mozzarella topping for a more authentic Mexican appearance!
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the burritos are heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the burritos are slightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a minute or two, and serve your easy cheesy baked burritos!
- Serve with sides of sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
- Customise this recipe by adding other ingredients to the filling, like sauteed diced onions, sweet peppers and jalapeños.