|Everyday Favourites butter||110g (plus extra for greasing)|
|Everyday Favourites self-raising flour||450g|
|Farmstead rashers of bacon (leave out for a vegetarian option)||6-8|
|Cracked black pepper||1tsp|
|Everyday Favourites Egg||1|
|Everyday Favourites Mature Cheddar cheese (grated)||150g|
- Cook the bacon until golden, let it cool and chop into chunks.
- Combine the flour and butter in a mixing bowl by rubbing together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Mix the egg with ¾ of the milk and the mustard and seasoning.
- Then pour a little at a time of the liquid mix into the dry mix and gently blend until the mixture comes together and forms a dough.
- Add the bacon bits and most of the cheese.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin holes, finish with a little grated cheese to the top of each muffin.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 mins until the scones have risen and are golden brown. Serve warm, buttered for added indulgence!