|To make the strawberry meringue|
|Dried strawberry crumb||15g|
|To make the Philly vanilla cream|
|Vanilla pod (or vanilla bean paste)||1 (or 1/2 tsp)|
|To make the strawberries per portion|
|Strawberries, halved or quartered||60g|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks and then slowly add the icing sugar and caster sugar.
- Once all the sugar is incorporated, whisk until you have a stiff and glossy mixture. Then thinly spread between 2 silicone matts on gastro trays as evenly as possible.
- Scatter dried strawberry crumb over the meringue and bake overnight 70⁰C for 8-10 hours. Remove carefully leaving large shards. Place in an airtight container.
- Lightly whip cream, icing sugar & vanilla. When soft peaks have formed, fold in the Philadelphia and whisk until desired consistency, leave in a container for service.
- Create the strawberry mix just before serving by combining the strawberries, sugar and mint together. Then add 30-40g of the Philly vanilla cream and mix gently.
- Using a pastry ring, put the mixture in the ring, remove the ring and gently place shards of meringue around the mix, garnishing with more mint if desired.
- A twist on a classic Eton Mess, replacing the cream with a Philly vanilla cream. Philly works perfectly in this recipe as it holds well when whipped and doesn’t split.
- For a quick twist on this recipe, you can use pre-made meringue and serve in a more traditional sundae style.