|Everyday Favourites medium sliced white bloomer||10|
|Everyday Favourites mature white cheddar slices||10|
|Everyday Favourites salted butter||40g|
|Chillies - chopped||4|
|Everyday Favourites diced onions||75g|
|Tomatoes - deseeded and chopped||6|
|Maldon sea salt||3g|
|Everyday Favourites ground white pepper||0.5g|
|Everyday Favourites medium fresh eggs||30|
|Prep Premium sunflower oil - tin||25g|
|Chef William whole green cardamom – crushed||3g|
It is said that there was a man named Devi Prasad Kejriwal who had a love of eggs but belonged to a family of strict vegetarians in Mumbai. Kejriwal was a popular man in his local club and since he couldn’t get his favourite eggs at home, he had them in the club made his way. The dish is still very true to how it was then; toast with a fried egg, a thin layer of cheese and sprinkled with spicy green chillies.
- Toast the bloomer bread, top with the cheese.
- Heat up a pan and melt the butter, add the garlic, chillies and onions until soft and translucent then add the tomatoes to create a salsa and finish with salt and white pepper.
- Pan fry the eggs in oil until the white is cooked and the yellow still runny.
- Place salsa mixture on the toast and then the egg.
- Finish with coriander and crushed cardamom.