|Dr. Oetker gluten free sponge and cupcake mix 1kg||700g|
|Vegetable oil||4.5 tbsps (52ml)|
|Strawberry jam||1 jar|
|For the buttercream icing:|
|Icing sugar plus a little extra to dust||330g|
|Softened Everyday Favourites unsalted butter||40g|
|Dr. Oetker vanilla flavouring||1 tsp|
|Fresh strawberries, sliced, plus extra for decoration||16|
|If you are not using the Dr. Oetker gluten free sponge and cupcake mix then please use the following ingredients to make your sponge cakes:|
|Everyday Favourites free range medium eggs||3|
|Everyday Favourites plain flour red tractor||175g|
|Dr. Oetker gluten free baking powder (1.5tsp)||7.5g|
|Dr. Oetker vanilla flavouring (1tsp)||5ml|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan assisted oven/350˚F/gas mark 4. Grease and line 2, 8“ cake tins.
- Place the gluten free sponge mix into the electric mixer.
- Slowly add in the water and oil on slow speed over 1 minute.
- Scrape down the bowl, and beat for a further 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Split the mixture between the 2 cake tins and cook in the oven for 15-20mins.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- To make the buttercream put the softened butter into the electric mixer.
- Slowly add in the icing sugar, then the vanilla flavouring. Gradually add in the milk until a spreadable consistency is reached.
- Spread buttercream onto one of the cakes and evenly place the strawberry slices ontop of the buttercream, working around the outside first before filling in the centre. Drizzle over some of the jam, this may need to be warmed in the microwave to allow an even drizzle.
- Spread jam onto the other cake and carefully place ontop to sandwich the strawberries between the two cakes.
- Dust with icing sugar and decorate with strawberries.
Method for gluten free:
If you are not using the Dr. Oetker gluten free sponge and cupcake mix then please use the following method to make your sponge cakes:
- Put the margarine in a mixing bowl with the caster sugar and whisk together until creamy and light in texture and colour.
- Gradually beat in the eggs and vanilla flavouring until well blended. Sift the flour and baking powder on top and carefully fold in the flour.