- Pre heat oven 180ºc. 1. Mix the goat with 20ml oil, 20g curry powder, 10g mixed spice and the seal in a very hot pan until lightly caramelised.
- In a large saucepan add the remainder of the oil and sauté the onions until soft and browned, then add the ginger, garlic and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until cooked out.
- Then add the tomato puree and cook for a further 10 minutes on a low heat then add the remainder of the spices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the sealed goat to the pan along with any juices and then the chopped tomatoes, thyme and salt.
- Cover with a lid and slow cook for about 4 hours or until the goat is tender.
- Add the cooked black eyed beans, par boiled potatoes and lime juice and continue to cook through until hot.
: goes well with coconut rice & peas.