- Place 50ml of the olive oil, and the garlic, orange juice, lemon juice, and oregano into a bowl with the chicken, and marinate it for 2 hours.
- Heat a large shallow pan and seal the chicken until it is golden brown and slightly caramelised. Remove it from the pan once sealed.
- Add the remaining 50ml of oil to the pan and heat, before adding the sliced onions. Cook them slowly until sticky and caramelised and then add the tomato puree and cook for 10 minutes. Add the spices and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken into the sauce with the bay leaves, raising, olives and seasoning. Cover it over and slow cook for 2 hours a 160C.
- Add the orange segments to this for the final 30 minutes of cooking.
Find more recipes and inspiration on our world food trends 2024
page or view all of our food and drink trends 2024