|Everyday Favourites cornflour||30g|
|Smooth apricot jam||25g|
|Raw chicken wing drummers||12|
|Everyday Favourites plain flour||80g|
- In a bowl, place the coronation mayonnaise, cornflour and apricot jam. Mix well until you have a smooth thick spreadable batter. If the batter is too thick, increase the coronation mayonnaise. If the batter is too thin, add more cornflour.
- In a clean bowl, place the chicken. Stir in the batter and mix until well coated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the crushed cornflakes and plain flour.
- Take one chicken wing at a time and dredge with the cornflake crumb until well coated. Place on to a tray.
- Once all the wings are coated, transfer to a refrigerator and leave for at least 4 hours to allow the chicken to marinade and the coating to firm up. For best results, refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, deep fry in preheated oil at 170°C until chicken is cooked through and the crumb is golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper before serving with additional coronation mayonnaise for dipping.