|Chinese five spice||5g|
|Ground black pepper||5g|
|Light soy sauce||60ml|
|Toasted sesame oil||5ml|
Chinese roast chicken:
- Peel the garlic and ginger, and cut into small pieces. Place these into a bowl for the chicken marinade. Add the Chinese five spice, black pepper, salt, honey, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix well before adding to the chicken thighs.
- Allow the chicken to marinade for a few hours (or overnight if possible).
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c. Place the chicken into a baking tray with the skin facing upwards. Pat the chicken skin dry before placing into the oven. Cook until the chicken is 75 °C in the middle and cooked through. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving up.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Peel and cut the potatoes evenly. Place them into a sauce pan with water, and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes until tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, add half of the oil into a baking tray and place into the oven to get hot. Once the oil is hot, add the potatoes into the oil and mix well. Place the tray into the oven and cook until the potatoes are golden brown and soft in the middle.
- Peel and slice the onion. Slice the peppers, spring onion, and finely slice the garlic and chilli. Separately add the remaining half of the oil into a saucepan and begin to heat. Add in the onion and peppers. After around 5 minutes, add the garlic and chilli. Set aside once they are cooked.
- Mix the salt, pepper, Chinese five spice and sugar into a seperate bowl and mix well.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through and golden brown, place them into a serving dish. Top with the cooked onions and peppers, and mix well.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper mix over the top and finally, garnish with spring onion before serving up.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and blanch the vegetables.
- Prep the vegetables:
- Broccoli - remove the bottom of the stalk
- Green beans - defrost
- Spring onion - remove the root and cut in half
- Cook the broccoli for 2 and half minutes, the green beans for 90 seconds and the spring onion for 30 seconds.
- Drain and plunge into cold water, drain and set aside.
- Heat up the oil in wok on a medium-high heat, add the garlic and ginger and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables coating well in the oil, garlic and ginger.
- Add the soya sauce and cook for 4 minutes (until the vegetable are cook but still have bite).