|For the chicken skewers:|
|For the bulgur wheat salad:|
|Fresh flap parsley||50g|
|For the hoummous:|
|Cooked and drained chickpeas||100g|
|Low fat Greek yoghurt||50g|
|Toasted sesame oil||1/2 tsp|
|Tahini paste||1/2 tsp|
|Lime (Juiced and zested)||1|
|Sumac powder||A little|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1g|
For the chicken skewers
- Cut the chicken breasts in half length ways and then each half into four pieces.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers (Four pieces per skewer) and place into a tray.
- Finely chop the chilli and garlic, add the olive oil and pepper and spread onto the chicken. Allow to marinade for 30 minutes or overnight but don’t add the salt until just before cooking.
For the bulgur wheat salad
- Bring the stock to the boil and pour over the bulgur wheat. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the olive oil and cover with cling film. Leave to stand for 5 minutes to allow the stock to be absorbed.
- When the bulgur wheat is cool, add the roughly chopped parsley, finely chopped shallot and pomegranate seeds.
- Segment the orange and lime and add any citrus juice to the wheat.
- Cut the segments into smaller pieces and mix through with the finely chopped spring onions into the salad.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
- Grill the chicken skewers on a grill plate or under a grill.
- Place the bulgur wheat salad onto a serving plate and arrange the chicken skewer on top.
For the Houmous
- Meanwhile make the houmous.
- Place 100g of the Philadelphia in a pan with the chickpeas. Bring to a light simmer and add the yoghurt.
- Bring back to a simmer, then pour into a blender or bowl to use a hand blender.
- Add the sesame oil , tahini paste and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining 80g of Philadelphia and whip until creamy. Season the houmous to taste and spoon on top then dust with lime zest, sumac powder and toasted sesame seeds