|Everyday Favourites salted butter||50g|
|Vegetarian shaved Italian hard cheese||20g|
|Doves farm gluten free plain white flour||50g|
|Cravendale semi-skimmed milk||450ml|
|Colman’s dijon mustard||5g|
|Butternut squash purée||160g|
|Everyday Favourites medium free range eggs - yolk only||3|
|Everyday Favourites medium free range eggs - whites only||7|
|KTC lemon juice||5ml|
|Everyday Favourites salted butter||20g|
- Heat the oven to 180 ̊C.
- Using the butter and crushed shaved parmesan, grease and dust the ramekin moulds for the soufflé.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan until melted and then add the flour and cook out the flour until you have smooth paste.
- Heat your milk in a separate saucepan then gradually add to the roux mixture whisking or stirring all the time until all the milk has been added.
- You should have a smooth sauce base – add the dijon mustard and season to taste.
- Remove from the heat and add the butternut squash purée and the egg yolks combining it all together.
- In a clean mixing bowl whisk the egg whites to form stiff peaks and add the lemon juice and whisk again.
- Whisk 1/3 of the egg whites into the soufflé base – now carefully fold in the remaining egg whites – adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Fill the ramekin moulds with the soufflé mix and smooth off with a pallet knife – using your thumb create a grove around the rim of the ramekin.
- Place in a hot oven for 20 minutes until golden brown and well risen – serve at once.