- Weigh the pastry mix out and then add the recommended volume of cold water. Mix until a dough has formed making sure to not overdo it. Once dough has formed, divide it into two equal pieces. Take your chosen oven proof dish and grease it. Roll one of your dough balls out until it is big enough to line the base and sides of your oven dish.
- Drain the apples then add 1/2 the sugar and arrange them on top of the pastry lined dish.
- Beat the egg and brush over the top of the pastry in your dish.
- Roll out the remaining 1/2 of the dough (making sure it's big enough to hang over the dish), then carefully lay it on top of the apples.
- Egg wash one of the pastry sheets and pinch together to form a seal. Cut off any extra pastry to neaten it up.
- Brush the top of the pastry with the egg wash and sprinkle over the remaining sugar.
- Place in the oven at gas mark 3 or 160c for approximately 25 minutes. Cool and serve.
Are you looking for a school food supplier
? click the link to find out how we can help you.