- Crumble sausage into a skillet and set over a medium-high heat. Cook and stir until the meat is no longer pink. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water (about 8 cups) and bring to a boil.
- Add sausage to the pot, cover the pot, and return to a boil.
- Meanwhile slice and add the beetroots and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Chop and add carrots and potatoes to the beets and continue to cook until the potatoes are tender – about 10 minutes more. Stir in the cabbage and tomatoes.
- Chop the onion and press the garlic.
- Heat oil in a skillet over a medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Stir in tomato paste and the remaining ¾ cup of water until it is well blended. Transfer into the pot.
- Add garlic to the soup, cover, and turn off the heat. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with sour cream and dill, and serve with brown bread (optional).
This recipe is part of the world food trends 2024
, click the link to discover the rest of our food and drink trends 2024