|Banana blossom||10 pieces|
|Everyday Favourites plain flour||250g|
|Everyday Favourites ground cumin||10g|
|Everyday Favourites ground turmeric||1.5g|
|Springbourne sparkling water||500ml|
|Dr Oetker baking powder||15g|
|Maldon sea salt||5g|
|Blue Dragon sriracha||20g|
|Casa De Mare capers fine||45g|
|Noels sliced dill gherkins||45g|
- Drain and dust the banana blossom in flour and set to one side.
- In a deep mixing bowl add the flour, cumin and turmeric. Whisk in the sparkling water then add the baking powder, salt and sriracha
sauce and set to one side for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the fryer to 180c then coat the banana blossom in the batter and deep fry until cooked and the batter is crisp and crunchy.
- In a mixing bowl add the vegan mayonnaise, chopped capers, chopped gherkins and chopped dill and mix together.
- Serve the cooked banana blossom with tartare sauce, a fresh lemon wedge and your choice of chips.