|For the batter|
|Everyday Favourites ground turmeric||3g|
|Dr Oetker baking powder||10g|
|Everyday Favourites chilli powder||4g|
|Everyday Favourites sesame seeds||15g|
|For the filling|
|Everyday Favourites medium desiccated coconut||50g|
|Everyday Favourites garam masala||8g|
|Everyday Favourites sesame seeds||10g|
|Chopped garlic in oil||20g|
|Everyday Favourites ground cumin||8g|
|Ginger fresh chopped||20g|
|Spring onions sliced fine||100g|
|Maldon sea salt||1.5g|
|Everyday Favourites extended life vegetable oil - polybottle||15ml|
|For the coconut dressing|
|Cook Asia rich & creamy coconut milk||400ml|
|Pure olive oil glass||100ml|
- Mix the turmeric, baking powder, chilli powder, sesame seeds, gram flour and water together to form the batter and set to one side.
- Heat a frying pan and toast the coconut, garam masala and sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes then remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Add the chopped garlic in oil to the pan then the cumin, ginger, spring onions and salt – add the extra oil if needed and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add all of these to the mashed potato and mix together, finish with the chopped coriander.
- Check the seasoning and then chill.
- Make the coconut dressing by adding all the ingredients into a food blender and pulse until smooth, then set this to one side.
- Once the potato mix is cooled roll into 30-35g balls and coat in the batter and deep fry at 180c until cooked.
- Serve 3-5 per portion for a starter, with a tomato salad, fresh sprigs of coriander and the coconut dressing.
Finish with lime wedges.