Bidfood’s Christmas Gift 2019
The winners of Bidfood’s Christmas Gift 2019 have been chosen. The full details on their stories are coming soon…
- Leanne Hanham, Kitchen Assistant, Harry Sotnick House
- Kieghley Whalebone, Chef, North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
- Gail Gillon, Manager, Jollytots & Cookies
- Kerstin Kopeitko, Restaurant Supervisor, Golden Lion Hotel
- Tracy Dickinson Wheeldon, Owner of Tracy’s Street Kitchen
What is the campaign?
We’re back for our third year, celebrating the tens of thousands of hospitality workers who give up their time to work on Christmas Day in Britain, by giving them the gift of Christmas back.
We are calling on the whole industry to nominate someone who sacrifices their own Christmas to work on Christmas day or Boxing day to make the festive period special for their customers.
Nominations open on Monday, 21st October and close on Friday, 22nd November at 11:59pm.
Four lucky winners will receive a second Christmas from us! This will include a special meal with their families and a special gift, courtesy of Bidfood!
All you have to do is nominate someone below and give them the gift of Christmas…
How will nominations be judged?
All nominations will be initially screened by our team at Bidfood where they will produce a shortlist to then be judged by a panel of experts:
- Bidfood’s Group Sales & Marketing Director, Andy Kemp
- Chief Executive at Springboard – Anne Pierce
- Chief Operations Officer at UK Hospitality – Jackie Marlow
- Chief Marketing Officer of Hospitality Action – Jeremy Gibson
- Chief Executive, FareShare– Lindsay Boswell
Four winners will be chosen from each of the below categories:
- Accommodation: hotels, B&B’s, hostels, pubs with accommodation etc.
- Care: hospitals, care homes, hospices etc.
- Foodie outlets: restaurants, pubs, cafes, bars etc. (includes QSR and B&I)
- Charities/other: includes charities and schools/universities