- Heat a frying pan and add 10ml of oil, sauté the onions until caramelised and then add the peppers and garlic. Cook out and then add the tomato base. Continue to cook until reduced by half.
- Slice the peppers. Cut the halloumi into 4 even slices. Do the same with the beef tomato and the aubergine so that you have 4 thick slices of each of them.
- Coat the aubergine in oil and chargrill until soft and tender.
- Prepare the lettuce, toast the buns and build the burger.
- Finish with chimichurri sauce and chunky chips if desired.
Find more recipes and inspiration on our plant based trends
page or view all of our food and drink trends 2024