|Mushroom stock (made with mushroom bouillon cube)||100ml|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Pinches of salt||2 (0.6g)|
|Pinch of black pepper||1 (0.3g)|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Make up 100ml of mushroom stock with a bouillon cube and boiling water.
- Clean the mushrooms using a wooden mushroom brush and cut into either halves or quarters depending on the size.
- Peel and finely dice the garlic cloves.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high heat and add the mushrooms for a couple of minutes until they have coloured up a little.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the garlic, thyme and half of the salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes whilst stirring to cook the garlic.
- Add the Philadelphia and the mushroom stock and turn the heat up to medium, stir until all the Philly has melted and then turn the heat down to a simmer and leave to cook gently for 5 minutes until the sauce is the right consistency.
- Whilst waiting for the mushrooms to cook, take your French stick and slice into 2 equal halves, then slice each halve into 2 lengthways so you have 4 equal size slices.
- Now the mushrooms are cooked, add the rest of the salt and pepper and 10g of the chopped parsley and turn off the heat.
- Toast your French stick under a preheated grill and then place in the centre of the plates and top with the mushrooms and a little drizzle of the sauce and garnish with the remaining 5g of chopped parsley.