|Chickpeas in water||800g|
|Sweetcorn cob (vacuum packed, chilled)||150g|
|Plum tomato (chilled)||150g|
|Catering cucumbers (chilled)||150g|
|Red onion (chilled)||150g|
|Avocado (chilled)||1 avocado|
|Cooking salt (vinaigrette)||2g|
|Cracked black peppercorn (vinaigrette)||2g|
|Crushed chillies (vinaigrette)||2g|
|Red wine vinegar (vinaigrette)||20ml|
|Smoked Spanish paprika (vinaigrette)||2g|
|Lime (loose, chilled) (vinaigrette)||1 lime|
Cuban crunch salad
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Place the chickpeas and corn cobs into two separate baking trays. Roast them until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to allow them to cool down.
- Cut the tomato, cucumber, red onion and avocado into small diced pieces, and place them into a bowl.
- Once the sweetcorn has cooled, cut the corn off the cob and place into the same bowl. Once the chickpeas have cooled, add these in too.
- Pour the smoky vinaigrette over the salad to add a punch of flavour, and mix it up well.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl together and mix well.
- Serve it up over our Cuban salad, to add a punchy flavour!