- Heat the oven to 200c and butter 10 small moulds. Place a disc of parchment paper in the bottom of each mould to allow for quick release.
- Heat the milk along with the peeled onion and bay, and set this to one side.
- Heat a large pan and add the butter. Melt this before adding it to the flour and cooking it out.
- Stir in the milk until the sauce has thickened and add the mustard and seasoning. Set this aside to cool.
- Seperate the eggs into two bowls, and then add the egg yolks to the sauce mix and beat them together. Add 250g of grated cheese (using leftover cheese) and then beat those in.
- Whisk the whites and fold them through the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the moulds and then bake for 15-20 minutes until just set.
- Remove and chill the soufflé.
- When ready to serve, cover the soufflé with double cream, more cheese leftovers and bake it for a further 10-15 minutes until it is golden and bubbling.
- Finally, serve it up with a sprinkling of chopped chives.
This recipe is part of the British food trend 2024
, click the link to discover the rest of our food and drink trends 2024