- Cook the pearl barley as per pack instructions and allow it to cool. Add lemon juice, parsley and mint, as well as minced garlic and extra virgin olive oil.
- To make the pesto, lightly toast the seeds. Using a food processor, blend the seeds, rocket, and 100ml of olive oil together, leaving the mixture slightly chunky. Salt and pepper to season.
- To make the tofu dressing, add the tofu, grated ginger, half the tahini and tamari into a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix the remaining half of the tahini with the miso and 300ml of water. Heat 100ml of olive oil in a pan and add the mushrooms. Cook until they are brown and add the miso mix. Finally, cover with the pan lid and simmer until the mushrooms are nice and tender.
- Cut the radiccio in half lengthways. Add a little olive oil into a pan before adding the radaccio to caramelise, and season it. You could also chargrill for a smoky flavour.
- Plate up the dish with a separate bowl of tofu dressing on the side. Add a touch of micro coriander to finish.
This recipe is part of the health food trends 2024
, click the link to discover the rest of our food and drink trends 2024.