Inspired by functional drinks from the Far East, Dietrich Mateschitz founded Red Bull in the mid-1980s. He developed a new product and a unique marketing concept and launched Red Bull Energy Drink on April 1st 1987 in Austria. A brand new product category – Energy Drinks was born.
Red Bull Energy Drink is appreciated worldwide by top athletes, students, and in highly demanding professions as well as during long drives.
People are looking for energy at work
Over 70% of employees state they have a need for energy drinks at work8, providing a great opportunity for sales in the workplace.
Energy drinks are the biggest impulse category
If not stocking, you could be missing out on 35% of the category3.
Red Bull 250ml is the biggest selling soft drink SKU out-of-home4 and in convenience shops3.
Our larger 355ml serve seeing significant demand in the convenience channel.
Stocking Red Bull Sugarfree will grow the overall category and could boost sales by 21%5 as 1/3 consumers only purchase low-calorie options6.
Red Bull Sugarfree is the biggest selling low-calorie energy drink SKU out-of-home4 with 55% of consumers willing to walk away from purchase if these variants are not stocked4.
Consumers are getting more adventurous with their drinks with exotic/tropical flavours being in high demand – 41% would choose these if available7. Red Bull Editions could boost sales 17% by tapping into the trend for wider flavours5.
Learn how to win consumers by understanding more around their consumption habits
Red Bull Energy 250ml (24x250ml)
Bidfood code: 38304
Red Bull Sugarfree 250ml (24x250ml)
Bidfood code: 06491
Red Bull Zero 250ml (24x250ml)
Bidfood code: 04480
Red Bull Red Edition 250ml (12x250ml)
Bidfood code: 04493
Red Bull Tropical Edition 250ml (12x250ml)
Bidfood code: 93548
Red Bull Energy 355ml (24x355ml)
Bidfood code: 80107
Red Bull Sugarfree 355ml (24x355ml)
Bidfood code: 80112
1. Kantar, Usage (Out Of Home Panel), 52 W/E 31-Oct-21
2. Kantar, Out Of Home Panel, Total Market, 52 W/E 31-Oct-21
3. Nielsen, Total Impulse, Total Soft Drinks, 52 W/E, 12-March-22
4. CGA, Total Out-Of-Home, Packaged, 52 W/E 30-May-22
5. Analysis On Over 200’000 Accounts Worldwide. Analysis Of 6 Depletion Countries. Scenario1: From Ed Only To Ed + Sf Scenario2: From Ed Only To Ed + 1 Edition
6. Kantar, Take Home Panel, 52 W/E 08-Aug-21
7. Lightspeed/Mintel, May-19, Base 2000 Internet Users Aged 16+
8. FAIRCONTROL 2020