Expect an excellent working environment, stability, fantastic development opportunities, and a great salary and benefits package. We value all our employees: over half our workforce has been with us for more than 15 years!
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Free parking at our depots
- Exclusive range discounts such as cinema tickets, theme parks, car insurance, Apple products, PC World, Currys, Ikea, Argos, high street fashion and supermarkets.
- Personal accident insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee discounts from the Bidfood catalogue
- Salary benchmarking
- Parental leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Flex benefits for senior managers
Reward and recognition
Our success is down to our people. To make sure we recognise the great work you do, we have recognition and award schemes in place across the company. These include:
- Best of Britain awards for Depot Manager of the Year and Operations Leader
- Employee of the month and departmental awards to recognise going above and beyond your day job
- Ideas scheme with rewards for ideas
- Loyalty awards to say thank you for long service and commitment
- Spontaneous thank yous for a job well done
- Referral scheme with finders fee for successful applicants
Learning and development
Developing the skill set of our workforce is vital to the success of the business.
You will learn on the job from colleagues through sharing ways of working, along with online learning tools. Training opportunities also include sponsoring professional qualifications such as NVQs, involvement in business projects, on-the-job training and volunteering for positions such as Sustainability Coordinators or Employee Representatives.
We also have a range of ‘Service Excellence Essentials’, three-hour workshops for managers and supervisors which develop knowledge and skills across a variety of topics, and help to support the delivery of service excellence to our customers, inside and outside the business.