|Everyday Favourites cooking salt||5g|
|Dried apricots, finely chopped||75g|
|Red onion, diced||1|
|Rosemary sprigs, finely chopped||4|
|Ras el hanout||4 tsp|
|Leg of Lamb||1.8-2.5kg|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Mix the salt, dried apricots, breadcrumbs, onion, rosemary, 3tsp of ras el hanout, garlic and minced lamb in a bowl, season and stir.
- Using clean hands add the Philadelphia and squeeze all the ingredients together. It will seem dry at this stage but this is to allow for the cooking juices from the lamb to be absorbed.
- Open the lamb up if on the bone, remove the large bone and leave in the smaller leg bone. Fill the void with the stuffing by pushing it in as far as it will go. Close the lamb up and turn over.
- Rub the outside with oil and the remaining 1tsp of ras el hanout.
- Wrap in tin foil and cook in the oven at 180°C for 20 mins for every 500g and add another 20 mins to the end.
- In the final 20 mins of cooking, take the foil off and carry on cooking. This should yield a medium level of cooking.
- When done, wrap in foil and rest for 30 mins at room temp before serving.
- Serve with fresh green beans, cous cous or a summer salad.
- Philadelphia is ideal for use in this dish as it won’t collapse in the heat of the oven and will aid the seasoning of the meat from the inside.